3) let your studio become a complete disaster
4) finally sort everything and set aside all purple papers and images as you sort
5) sew together all these scraps on your mother’s old singer sewing machine in crazy quilt style.
6) add ribbon and other fabric elements where they fit
7) run out of papers you like and decide to make more
8) create more purple papers
8a) get white and off-white papers with images and writing and texture
8b) scribble over with purple and magenta water soluable oil pastels
8c) blend with water and silver paint
8d) hang on your cool corkboard room border to dry
9) create other “elements”
9a) get old browned paper letter stencils
9b) scribble over with purple and magenta water soluable oil pastels
9c) blend with water and silver paint
10) keep backing papers of both experiments of 8 & 9 and added stamped/stencil letters in dark purple rubber stamp ink
11) sew new papers together
12) when satisfied with a “quilt” cut out card stock tags of proper size and sew to quilt. then cut out each tag.
13) attempt to be satisfied and not continue messing with it or you will ruin it!
(created for http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArtErratica/ swap May 2006)